Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday [16]



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke & The Bookish.

Top Ten Words/Topics That Will Make You NOT pick up a book

Angela's Picks:

1. Religion: I have nothing against it, but I don't like reading a book about it.
2. Historical: I prefer reading books set in this time frame, but I did read a really good Historical fiction book.
3. Westerns: Not my type at all.
4. Zombies, vampires, werewolves, mermaids, faeries, aliens, etc.: I'm not into all this paranormal things. Books like these almost always take me a long time to get into it, mainly because I have no interest in them.
5. Horror: Too scary. :P
6. Love triangles: No, no, no.
7. Male narration: I rarely read a book narrated by a guy. More often than not, I have no idea what's going on.
8. Books in verse: There are very few books in verse I read. I don't understand why there can't be full sentences. It ruins the book for me, it really does. Some I really love though, so this isn't a complete no for me.
9. Mystery: Eh. Not enough to hold my interest.
10. Non-fiction: I find non-fiction boring and not at all interesting.

Stephanie's Picks:
1. Chick-Lit: I hate this term. Do I read it, yes. But I do not like this term...
2. Pirates: Boy, do I love watching Johnny Depp be a pirate in the POTC movies, however, when it comes to reading about pirates....mmm not so much.
3. Auto-biographies/Biographies: There are only a few that I will pick up. Like anything about Audrey Hepburn and Bossypants. I really want to read Bossypants!
4. Time Travel: I like the idea of time travel but I haven't really read much that deals with time travel.
5. Non-fiction: Not for me. The only time you will see me pick up Non-fiction is when I am doing research. Yes, I have liked some of the things that I read that is non-fiction, but I don't openly pick it up for the fun of it.
6. Young MC's: If the main character is under 16 years old, I won't read it. I guess I am just weird like that. But I read books where the characters are 16 to a whole bunch older. But under 16, I just feel that they are too whiney and immature.
7. Aliens: I love anything sci-fi, but I haven't picked up anything about Aliens...I guess I could give it a try.. But I don't know.
8. "The Next Twilight": Oh my lord, absolutely not. If your book says that it is "the next twilight" I run for the hills! Please get a little more creative than that...
9. Zombies: Okay, I love zombie movies... But for some reason I haven't really picked up anything about zombies.
10. Christian, Bible, God, etc: I am a catholic but for some reason when it comes to books that I read for pleasure, I don't want the main focus to be on religion. If the character has faith, that's fine but I don't want it to be ALL about it.

3 comments:

  1. Angela - how did I forget Westerns?! I don't think I ever even came near a book about the Wild West!

    Stephanie - You are so right about "the next Twilight". Been there, done that: give me something NEW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know. I hate the phrases like "the new..." thanks for stopping by!!
      xo

      Delete
  2. Eck Religious books totally agree
    Here is my ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2013/07/top-ten-tuesday-what-will-make-me-not.html

    ReplyDelete